Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Movies!

Here my list of the best movies of all time...or at least the ones to see before you die...or the ones that are most quoted? compiled with the generous help and support of my friends and family.

Anyways, this is not by any means a comprehensive list of the bestest of the bestest, but it's a good enough start that I'd slam this list into a time capsule for aliens to peruse and say "Wow. your culture was really messed up (trans: awesome)!"

Any other classics that are quotable/memorable by our current milieu? Please comment and list why you believe your choice ranks up here with the others.  I don't mind disagreement either if you see a movie here that just doesn't belong, in your opinion.

Trilogies/Series
  • Indiana Jones
  • Star Wars
  • Star Trek
  • Lord of the Rings
  • The Mummy
  • Terminator
  • Predator
  • Shrek
  • Narnia
  • Back to the Future
  • Aliens
  • Blade

 Single Movies
  • Papillon
  • The Graduate
  • Gladiator
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • The Abyss
  • Princess Bride
  • Goonies
  • 300
  • Dark Crystal

 Good Enough to Remakes
  • I Am Legend
  • Day the Earth Stood Still
  • Planet of the Apes
  • I am Legend
  • The Fly
Comedy
  • Ghost Busters
  • Christmas Story
  • Holy Grail
  • Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Mystery Men
  • Animal House
  • Blues Brothers
  • Pee Wee's Big Adventure
  • Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Horror
  • Jaws
  • The Evil Dead
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • The Shining
  • The Exorcist
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • Halloween
  • Omen
 Sci Fi
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers
  • 2001
  • Blade Runner
  • ET
  • Psycho
  • Close Encounters

  Sappy Stuff.. /Drama /(hardcore depressing stuff) Or whatever
  • Titanic
  • Bridget Jones Diary
  • Schindler's List
  • Requiem for a Dream 
  • Ghost 
War Stuffs
  • Band of Brothers
  • Glory
  • Platoon
  • Enemy at the Gates

2 comments:

  1. Why hello :) My first blog response so be gently with me. :P It seems you are looking for opinions on one of my favorite subjects, Movies, so i suppose I came to the write place. :P To get the tear-jerking-sappy ones out of the way What Dreams May Come is one of my favs. Legends of the Fall is another one except it always makes me feel like ending it all when I watch it but in a good way.. :P
    I need only say two words for the trilogy/series category, STAR TREK (the original series)
    HOrror, my favorite genre, is a lil too out there i tink considering lots are probably not known to the masses but if you gots questions let me know.
    Hitchcook's Vertigo is an all-around great movie... and now I realize that I could probably go on and on forevermore if allowed so if you gots any questions you need only ask... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that Robin Williams flick! Not sure I'd rank it as a classic/quoteable that nearly everyone has seen though. What Dreams May Come actually ranks up pretty high in my personal favs list.

    Legends of the Fall is a good movie - very solid acting I thought and quite enjoyable.

    You know, I didn't add any Hitchcock, did I? Hm. The Birds is also a good one as well as Rear Window.

    Thanks for your comment =)

    ReplyDelete